- 1 lb smoked pork sausage, sliced
- 1 (10-ounce) can tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 tsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tsp minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1 (4-pound) smoked ponce
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- hot cooked rice, to serve
- In a large cast-iron stockpot or Dutch oven, heat sausage and water just to cover over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until water is evaporated and sausage begins to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add more water until sausage is covered, and cook, stirring frequently, until no water is left.
- Add tomatoes with chiles; cook with sausage and keep stirring until sausage is browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic; saute for about 7 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in a little water. Add ponce, and add water until half of ponce is covered. Cover and cook over medium heat until tender, about 1 ½ hours, turning 3 or 4 times, and poking once with a skewer in several places to release juices.
- Add green onion and parsley. Slice ponce in a pot with gravy. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice.