Fried Oyster Salad
- 2 (6-ounce) bags fresh baby spinach
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp anise-flavored liqueur
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce
- 1¾ tsp kosher salt, divided
- ½ tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 24 Fresh Oysters on the half shell
- 4 cups kosher salt
- 1½ cups lightly packed grated parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1½ cup whole buttermilk
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp Slap Ya Mama Hot Cajun Seasoning
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Garnish: Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse spinach in batches until finely chopped.
- In a large skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually add spinach; cook until wilted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cream, liqueur, Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Remove oysters from shells, reserving oysters. On a rimmed baking sheet, place kosher salt. Arrange oyster shells on prepared pan. Fill shells with spinach mixture. Top with cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a shallow dish, place buttermilk. In another shallow dish, whisk together cornmeal, flour, Slap Ya Mama Hot Cajun Seasoning , remaining 1½ teaspoons salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- In a Dutch oven, pour vegetable oil to a depth of two inches, and heat over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 360°.
- Dip oysters in buttermilk, letting excess drip off. Dredge oysters in cornmeal mixture, shaking off excess. Working in batches, carefully place oysters in a hot oil. Fry until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Let drain on paper towels. Place on top of a spinach mixture. Garnish with Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce , if desired. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.