Crawfish, macaroni, and six different types of cheeses are baked together in this irresistible family favorite. For more yummy recipes like this check out our cookbook Growing Up Cajun.
- 1 (16-ounce) package elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ (16-ounce) package cooked crawfish tails
- 1 (8-ounce) jar pimentos, drained
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 cup shredded gouda cheese
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp Slap Ya Mama Hot Cajun Seasoning
- 1 cup crushed buttery round crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 15 (1-cup) gratin dishes with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together cooked pasta and butter until melted. Add crawfish, pimentos, cheeses, milk, eggs, Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, cayenne, and Slap Ya Mama Hot Cajun Seasoning. Divide macaroni mixture among prepared dishes, and smooth tops with a spoon.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Top each portion with crushed crackers, and bake till edges are bubbly, about 5 minutes more. Serve immediately.
Note: if you don't have individual dishes, bake this cheesy crowd-pleaser in a 4-quart baking dish. Cooking Tip From Mama Jen: When boiling pasta, you can check it's done by throwing a noodle at a refrigerator. if it sticks, it is done. Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning Slap Ya Mama Hot Cajun Seasoning