Crispy Chicken Thighs and Voodoo Linguine
- 4 chicken thighs(bone-in, skin-on)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jalapeño finely chopped (de-seeded)
- 1 tbsp Slap Ya Mama-Pepper Sauce
- Slap Ya Mama - Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 can fire-roasted green chiles
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- juice from half a lemon
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tbsp fresh thyme
- ½ box linguine
- fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Heat Skillet.
- Heat olive oil in a cast-iron skillet. Pat chicken thighs dry with a paper towel and season generously with Slap Ya Mama - Original Blend Cajun Seasoning. Heat skillet on medium-high heat. Add to the heated skillet, skin side down.
- Brown chicken until skin is crispy and golden, turn chicken to skin side up, transfer pan to the preheated oven, and roast for 20 minutes.
- When the chicken has roasted for 20 minutes, turn off the oven and leave to stay warm until the noodles are done.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat butter and add your celery, onion, and bell pepper. Sautee until soft and a little browned along the edge.
- Deglaze with the white wine! (Pour the wine into the pan and stir well, scraping up any browned bits of veg).
- Add all of the remaining ingredients- fire-roasted green chiles, petite diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, lemon zest, lemon juice, bay leaves, jalapeno and thyme.
- Bring the skillet to a boil, then reduce heat to medium/low and simmer while you cook the linguine.
- Drizzle some oil in a large pot of boiling salted water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and the linguine, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or according to the directions on the package.
- Serve cooked noodles with the chunky sauce from your non-stick skillet and your roasted chicken. Top with Parmesan and Slap Ya Mama-Pepper Sauce!