- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup sliced green onion, divided
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- ½ lb American cheese, cubed
- ½ lb Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, shredded
- 2 tsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 2 lbs peeled and deveined fresh shrimp
- 1 (16-ounce) package fettuccini, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- In a large stock pot or Dutch oven, melt ½ cup butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook until translucent, about 7 minutes. Stir in celery, bell peppers, garlic, parsley, and ¾ cup green onion; cook until vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over top, and stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low and slowly stir in half-and-half. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Slowly stir in American cheese, about ¼ cup at a time, letting each addition melt before adding the next; stir in Monterey Jack cheese in the same manner until incorporated. Stir in Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning.
- In a large skillet, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, and sauté until pink and firm, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine shrimp, cooked fettuccine, and sauce. Top with parmesan, parsley, and remaining ¼ cup green onion, if desired. Serve immediately.