Crazy Cajun Sundaes
by Tracy of 37 Cooks
Slap Ya Mama introduces the Crazy Cajun Sundaes brought to you by 37 Cooks featuring our savory Red Beans & Rice and Cajun Fish Fry ingredients with a hint of our hot blend seasoning for even more flavor!Here is a spin on the famous BBQ Sundaes. I think you will love this version. You can mix and match glassware for presentation. If it is for a potluck, pile the ingredients in a trifle dish. For a more casual twist, serve them in clear plastic cups. There is no set way to layer theses, mix and match them anyway you like. Or, set everything out separately and let your guests decide how to stack them.
Red Beans and Rice:
- 1 box Slap Ya Mama Cajun Red Beans & Rice
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, sliced (for garnish)
- Cherry tomatoes (for garnish)
Prepare Red Beans and Rice according to package directions to include the sausage. Let sit uncovered for about 15 minutes to allow it to thicken.
- 1 pound bag of frozen sliced okra
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 cup Slap Ya Mama Cajun Fish Fry
- Vegetable oil for frying
In a bowl mix the okra, egg and buttermilk until okra is covered. In small batches, toss the okra into the fish fry, covering completely. Set on a baking sheet. Heat vegetable oil on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, until oil is hot. Fry the okra in batches until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- 4 cups shredded cole slaw mix
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, minced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 Tablespoon Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Cajun Seasoning
- Salt to taste
In a bowl mix together, slaw, garlic, scallions, parsley, red and green bell peppers. In another small bowl, whisk olive oil, vinegar, mustard, horseradish , Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Cajun Seasoning and salt. When thoroughly combined, pour over vegetables and stir to coat. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Assemble the Sundaes by layering Red Beans and Rice, Okra, and Cajun Slaw. Top with a heaping pile of Cajun Slaw. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and a sausage slice.