Creole Chicken and Boudin Waffles
This dish was submitted by Chef Bradley Mcwillie to our Virtual Cook-off! It placed 4th out of nearly 100 dishes. Give this dish a try you won't regret it! For more of Chef Mcwillie's dishes check out his Instagram @chefbradleymcwillie
Servings 2 People
- 2 Large chicken thighs diced
- 1 tbsp Slap Ya Mama White Pepper Blend
- 5 dashes Slap Ya Mama - Pepper Sauce
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp creole mustard
- ¾ cup corn starch
- 1 cup buttermilk Waffle Batter
- 2 tsp Slap Ya Mama White Pepper Blend
- ⅔ a link of boudin (personally prefer Jerry Lee’s in Greenwell Springs, LA) (⅓ a link for each waffle)
- 2 tbsp green onions
Cajun Cane Syrup
- ½ cup Steen’s 100 % Cane Syrup
- 1 tbsp Slap Ya Mama - Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 5-6 dashes Slap Ya Mama - Pepper Sauce
- 1 tsp Granulated garlic
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- Mix all ingredients place in an airtight container and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour (I personally prefer overnight)
- Remove from container and toss in ¾ cup corn starch. Let sit with starch for 30 minutes before frying.
- Fry at 350° for 4 minutes.
- Mix 2 tsp Slap Ya Mama - Original Blend Cajun Seasoning into the batter.
- Spray preheated iron with non-stick spray. Place 3 oz of batter into preheated waffle iron
- Split boudin in ½, crumble up, and sprinkle on top of the batter
- Sprinkle 1 Tbs of green onions on top as well, close waffle iron, and cook to desired doneness.
Cajun Cane Syrup
- Combine all ingredients and heat just until incorporated. Remove from heat and store in a sealed container. Can be made the day before. And stores well for later use. Goes great on cornbread.