Sweet with a lil spicy kick, these Sweet Legs are definitely a crowd pleaser.
- 4 carrots
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 onion, chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 bell pepper, chopped into 1” pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, halved
- 8 chicken legs
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 4 Tbsp cane syrup
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- pinch of: thyme, rosemary, oregano, basil
- Slap Ya Mama Low Sodium Blend Seasoning, to taste (optional)
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a 9” x 13” oven-proof dish, spread the vegetables evenly. In a large bowl, combine honey, cane syrup, maple syrup, Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning, brown sugar, thyme, rosemary, oregano and basil; mix well. Add in chicken legs to syrup mixture and toss well. Place chicken legs on top of the vegetables in the oven-proof dish and top with remaining syrup mixture from the bowl. Sprinkle Slap Ya Mama Low Sodium Blend Seasoning to taste over the whole dish and top each leg with a ½ Tbsp. of butter.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes, occasionally basting the chicken legs with the syrup mixture. Increase heat to 400 degrees F and bake for another 15 mins.
Serve and enjoy!