Black-eyed Peas are a southern good luck tradition for New Years Day. Start soaking your peas for luck and prosperity. This tasty recipe was created by our wonderful ambassador Joy.Instagram: @joy.purejoy Facebook: Pure JoyBlog: Pure Joy Living
- 1 lb dried black eyed peas
- 1 cup chopped bacon
- 2 cups diced onions
- 1 stalk diced celery
- 1 tbsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 3 bay leaves
- ⅓ tsp ground thyme
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 6 cups water
- Soak dry beans over night. Drain water the next day.
- In a large pot, sauté chopped bacon, onions, and celery. Cook them down a few minutes until soft.
- Add chicken broth, beans, spices, and water. Bring to a boil then simmer for about 2 hours until beans are nice and soft.