Your favorite vegetables are cooked in tomato sauce and Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning for an extra kick. Try adding noodles for a heartier meal. For more delicious recipes like this check out our cookbook Growing Up Cajun !
- 8 cups water
- 1 lb beef stew meat or cubed ham
- Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 3 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups carrot, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 (16-ounce) can corn kernels
- 1 (16-ounce) can green beans
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8.5-ounce) can peas and carrots
- 2 oz uncooked spaghetti noodles (optional)
- Garnish: Chopped Parsley
- Saltine crackers, to serve
- In a large stockpot, bring 8 cups water to a boil over high heat. Season meat with Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning, and add to water; boil for about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to a medium-low; add tomato sauce, potatoes, carrots, onion, bell pepper and garlic. Add more Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning to taste; cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add corn, green beans, broth, soup, and canned peas and carrots. Add enough water to reach 2 to 3 inches from top of pot; cook for about 1 hour.
- If adding noodles break spaghetti up into short pieced, and add to soup. Cook for about 10 minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired. Serve with saltine crackers.